Please come on over to my new blog and follow me there -
http://thenon-craftycrafter.blogspot.com.au/

I'll be transferring information to there from this blog as I get time. Any new tutorials/info will be posted there!


Tuesday 11 January 2011

Answers to some comments

Wow! What a response to my little old cart list!!!

I'm so happy that so many Cricut users out there have found it so useful.

There have been a couple of people who haven't been able to download it. If you have trouble, please let me know and I can email it to you. Just let me know your email address and I'll send it on.

ScrappinBee said:

"Thanks for all the hard work that you did compling this list. However, I am upset that when I downloaded it, it also downloaded the Bing tool bar and made Bing my home page and now I can't check my email and can't figure out how to get rid of it. Wish you would have mentioned that this download also downloaded other stuff because I would not have downloaded it. Plus was never able to open the file..."

I have no idea why Bing would have been downloaded to your computer. That's certainly not something that I had any control over. I haven't heard of that happening to anyone else... yet! :)

You should be able to remove the Bing toolbar by going to your control panel, add/remove programs and uninstalling it from there.

As I said above, please let me know your email address if you would like me to email the file to you.

KathyM said:

"What an amazing tool to have! I may be missing it but is there a way to tell what has a background layer or blackout? Thanks for your hard work!"

Thanks Kathy! When I was creating the document I considered showing which carts had a shadow. I really just wanted to get the list finished so left that feature out. But.... I will hopefully have that information added ready for the next version after Hello Thursday. So stay tuned! :)

Janner said:

"Thank you for all your hard work. I am now a follower and love your blog. I had just about given up using my design studio because I still have problems hiding features of critters and sizing the layers to fit properly. I hope you will address this issue in the near future. Jan"

I'll definitely be sharing some info on sizing layers and some more on the Hide Contour feature soon!  :)

DebbyP said:

"This is awesome. Thanks for doing this. Very helpful. Would love to know how you did this. TTFN
Debby"

What? You want ALL my secrets??? LOL

Seriously though, I just added each font to my DS mat, previewed it then used my Windows 7 "Snipping Tool" to take a copy of the preview. Then I copied that into a Word document table. Easy peasy! :)

Cornville Country Crafts said:

"I just taught a class on Design Studio on Saturday and emailed your list to everyone in the class. I will hand out a copy to my future classes. Thank you so very much for doing all of the work. Also I am missing a page 9 is there one? "

Page 9 was missing from the original post, but it is there now.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and thanks again for all the lovely comments!

Narelle

8 comments:

2KutiesGrandma said...

I did not have any trouble with getting any unwanted tool bars loaded, but I do know that with media fire, you have to be REALLY careful about where you click the mouse. The screen is - probably intentionally - kind of confusing. Again, thanks so much for all of the work - this is just a wonderful resource!!

Chelle said...

I couldn't get the file downloaded could you please email me.
Michelletinsley@hillvue.com

Unknown said...

THANK you! You are providing great info and I know doing this is very time consuming... awesome blogspot, keep the info coming!

Carmen VB (ScrappinBee) said...

I have had problems downloading this file. I appreciate all the hard work that you put into it. If you could please send me a copy of it. Thanks Carmen yaya2000@bellsouth.net

IdziBitsy said...

I am thankful to you on levels you cannot believe!! I am working on 4 baby books and each one has a different "feel". THe hardest thing for me was to tell the difference in the fonts. NOw I have full examples!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Karen said...

Just found you site...Wow. This is the kind of information I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing.

KAT said...

sometimes the firewall will prevent you from downloading. try disabling then try again.

kat

Karen said...

I had no problems with the list. Thanks so much of doing this, Awsome.

Post a Comment