Here's what you need to do:
- DON'T install DS from the original cd. It is the original version from 2007 and isn't compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit or Windows 7 and chances are your new computer is running one of those.
- Disable your computer's Firewall and virus software
- Download the program update from here.
For more information regarding downloading Design Studio updates see this post: Downloading and installing DS updates
- After you have downloaded the Program update you need to install it.
- Once DS has installed it will take you to the activation screen.
However, if after using that serial number you get an error message saying that your serial number has been installed on another computer you will need to contact Provocraft customer service. They will release the number from your other computer so you can use it on your new computer.
You may need proof of purchase.
Contact details for Provocraft are:
Cricut Support hours
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 6:00pm (MST)
Toll free: (in the US) 877-7CRICUT
If you reside in Australia and purchased your copy of Design Studio from an Australian authorised Cricut retailer you can contact our local distributor (details below) who will issue you with your new number. You will DEFINITELY need your proof of purchase, so hang on to your receipt/tax invoice.
Australian distributor details:
Print Blocks - Brisbane
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (let them know you need a new serial number)
You will need to supply them with the following information:
Your phone number
Where purchased (Authorised Australian Cricut retailer)
Serial number of the Design Studio cd.
Attach a scanned copy of your original tax invoice to the email.
If your copy of DS didn't come from an Australian authorised Cricut retailer you will need to phone the US number above.