Please come on over to my new blog and follow me there -
http://thenon-craftycrafter.blogspot.com.au/

I'll be transferring information to there from this blog as I get time. Any new tutorials/info will be posted there!


Sunday 24 February 2013

A little bit of news.....

Many of you know that I am a long time fan of the Cricut machines along with its various software programs. OK, I tolerate the Gypsy, but the others I love! Yes, even my Imagine which almost made it to the deep end of the pool a month or so ago. But it decided to behave again and is out of the dog house! :)

Anyway.... I'm all for trying new things so like many other Cricut users I have looked around at other machines and software and I recently took the plunge and bought myself a Silhouette Cameo.

Be still my heart! If it would cook me dinner I'd marry it! (Not that hubby ever cooks me dinner.... but he buys a mean takeaway!!)

Does this mean I won't be using my Cricuts anymore? Of course it doesn't!!! I love each of them. I use my Cricuts just about every day. In fact they're working overtime at the moment creating gifts for the Circle Mania Crop in Atlanta in April. (Come on April 17!!!)

Does this mean I won't be writing any more tutorials for Design Studio? Well... on that front there's really nothing left to write about is there? The program hasn't been updated since 2010 (mainly because it's been replaced by Cricut Craft Room), there hasn't been a cartridge content update since October 2012 and I'm thinking we'll be lucky to see another one. I hope I'm wrong though. While ever Cricut Craft Room has to be used online there will always be a place for Design Studio in my craft room! Now if PC ever decided to release a stand alone version of CCR that doesn't require us to be online to use it.... then I'll gladly retire my Design Studio!

So what does this all mean for this blog then? I've put a lot of thought into that question and here's what I've decided to do.

I have created a new blog which I am still working on which I hope to release this week. Rather than try and maintain three blogs (this one, the Cricut Craft Room blog and the new one), I'll post any new tutorials/information on the new blog.

All the content on this blog will remain available though. I won't be closing it down. There's far too much info here and I'm not sure I'll have time to transfer it all over to the new blog.

The new blog will have any new Cricut tutorials on it, links to the old blogs where relevant and I'll also be sharing what I learn about the Silhouette. Plus, I'll now have a place to share other paper crafting stuff apart from die-cutting!

I'll still be maintaining and updating my Cricut Fonts list as well as my Full list of Cricut cartridges list. You'll find links to them in the sidebar on the new blog. 


I'll post soon with the link to the new blog. I sure hope you'll make your way over there and become a follower and/or subscriber! I don't want to lose any of the 962 followers here!!! :)  Almost made it to the magic 1000!


8 comments:

Loving My Crafts said...

I'm so glad I got this update as I was going to unsubscribe only because I've also bought a Cameo but sold my Cricut. So I'll hang on in there and keep my eyes out for anything re the Cameo. Polly x

KAT said...

i also bought the cameo and i love it! but i still am having my affair with all my cricut machines and carts. that won't be going away anytime soon! as much as i love my design studio, i don't use it alot anymore. simply because it takes just too darn long to load when i only have a few small projects. i use CCR for quick jobs, but i love my gypsy. i just recently bought a back up gypsy, just in case my bf meets her demise. i'm not looking forward to that happening.
please send a link when you get yourself up and going. would love to see tuts on the cameo.

Susan Creech said...

I've never owned a gypsy or even been tempted to get one. Design Studio met my needs, but when updates became irregular, I was forced to start using CCR to use newer cartridges. I was reluctant at first, but I now beginning to really like it. I'm anxious to follow your new blog! Let me know when you're ready for guests!

Nance said...

First I want to thank you for all your helpful hints and the time it takes to share them with us! I do have a question however! Is there a way to move my Design Studio files to CCR or at least open my Design Studio files with CCR? I don't use my Design Studio much anymore because it takes sooooooo long to load. I appreciate any help or suggestion you may have. I am looking forward to your new blog!

Narelle said...

@Nance: Check your email. :)

Narelle

Luv2Scrap said...

Thank you for the info you provide on the blog!! Will the cartridge "The First Few Years" be included in Design Studio? I just updated my DS and I didn't see this cart show up.

Narelle said...

The update that was released in April (v130401) was the final cartridge update ever. PC have advised that they will no longer be updating DS (either the Program or the Content). The final cartridges to be added were Animal Antics, Boho Graphics Iron On, Brooklyn Iron On, Creative Cards, Folk Art Festival, Outdoor Man, Southwest, Simple Cards, Something to Remember, CM Tiny Treasures and TC December 25th. Unless they change their mind The First Few Years won't be added to DS.

terib said...

so disappointing about the DS being cancelled! wish I had known that before I bought 2 new cartridges last month. Sure DS had it's issues but with your help and other bloggers I was able to figure out how to use it. It's a shame PC has turned their backs on us, been with them since the bug came on the market. Thanks for your time providing this info for us.

Post a Comment